Yesterday Sigma released new firmware for the SD Quattro (1.0.6) and the SD Quattro H (1.0.2).
A new version of Sigma Photo Pro (6.5.4) has been released, too – this is needed to open the X3F files created with the new firmware.
Benefits of this firmware update
SD Quattro Ver.1.07
- It has corrected the phenomenon that it does not display lens names properly or images with accurate brightness in some image processing software. This is due to errors with the lens profiles recorded in the images.
- It has corrected the phenomenon that the cameras do not synchronize properly when the ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-610 DG SUPER SA-STTL is attached and the shutter speed is faster than the fixed synchronization speed selected in the FP Flash mode.
SD Quattro H Ver.1.02
- It is possible to offer faster AF speed for the lenses from the Contemporary, Art and Sports lines by 10 – 30%, and has further improved the focusing accuracy.
- Changed the file structure of X3F and X3I files and enabled the camera to offer faster processing speeds.
- It is possible to start up the camera faster.
- Improved the color reproduction performance during indoor shooting when AWB is selected.
- Improved the algorithm for the noise reduction in JPEG format.
- It is possible that selector buttons can move the focus frame without using focus frame button.
- It is possible to set the slowest limit for the shutter speed while shooing ISO Auto.
- It is possible to allocate the “LV Magnification Display” function to the FUNC button of the Power Grip PG-41.
- It is possible to display the shooting information on the sub monitor when checking the recorded images.
- Improved the accuracy of dimming when used with the ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-630 SA, the ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-610 DG SUPER SA-STTL, the ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-610 DG ST SA-STTL and the ELECTRONIC FLASH MACRO EM-140 DG SA-STTL.
- Changed the specification of the Super Fine Detail (SFD) mode that a warning message appears when the battery is low, and shooting in the SFD mode becomes unavailable.
- Corrected the phenomenon that the lens description in the EXIF data of JPEG images was not displayed properly. This was identified when the JPEG image was developed from the RAW data processed internally on the camera.
- Corrected the phenomenon that it occasionally freezes when the memory card has X3I files and try to process marked images.
- Corrected the phenomenon that it occasionally freezes when the shutter button is repeatedly half-pressed.
Sigma Photo Pro Ver. 6.5.4
- It is compatible with the RAW data (X3F files, X3I files) of SIGMA sd Quattro (Ver1.06) and SIGMA sd Quattro H (Ver1.02).
- It has improved the color reproduction for highlighted areas when processing the RAW data (X3F files) of SIGMA sd Quattro H (Ver1.02).
- It incorporates the function indicating if new version of the software and lens data update are available when booting up SIGMA Photo Pro.
Nice to see that Sigma continuously is improving the firmware. After the official end to the SD1 the SDQs are now the flagships. Probably this is the end of the SLR age at Sigma, I don´t think we will get to see a SDQHM with mirror …