Everybody seemed to have been waiting for the presentation of the new Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II – but they only had a development model available; you can expect the camera to be in stock in 2017 – but not during the first months.
- Foremost the new, electromagnetic, shutter mechanism which eradicates the feared shutter shock phonomenon
- Panasonic´s DFD autofocus system is included
- as is Dual-IS – first incarnation as version 2a
- a new function will save battery power and will make the G80 last up to 800 klicks
- 4k-video plus 4k-photo function inclusive stacking
- an integrated small flash
- the form factor which should fit better in bigger hands
The way Panasonic positions itself is interesting, too. It makes sense to offer almost the same camera in different chassis sizes – this should save some R&D cost.
- Entry drug: GF7 … and the question if the G6 will stay in the lineup
- „Ultra“-Portable: GM5 … and the question about a possible GM8
- Middle class: GX80 und G80
- Upper class: GX8 und GH4/GH5 (with 6k photo)